Postcrossing Project

Currently www.postcrossing.com has been the only site I'm addicted to. This website has the tagline 'send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world'. I coincidentally found this awesome website from blogwalking activity which I usually do. Apparently, this postcrossing project has also been a trend among my friends :) They have joined this site much more earlier than me. I've already joined for about 1 month.


So far, I've sent 4 postcards to Thailand, China, Finland and Netherlands. And received 2 postcards from Netherlands and USA. I was a stamp-collector. I have up to 250 stamps (thanked Mom, for being kind to me :D ). And now, I think I will be the next postcard collector. It's a nice thing, right?

Below are two postcards from Andrea (id : catmom) - US and Paul (id : ouwe) - Netherlands



A pic from a maritime museum in Los Angeles (from US)


A boy in painting (from Netherlands)


And this is the postcard that I sent to Yvonne from Netherlands (id : toverfee199)

Mummified War God in Papua
(believe it or not, it's been favourited about 4 times *yeay*)


And this is some sneak-peek from my profile in postcrossing.com



I thanked God because I found this amazing website. And I also have to say that I'm lucky : my school is precisely located beside the central Post Office in Pasar Baru. It makes everything easier (to buy the stamp and to send the postcard). For me, Postcrossing Project is an another simply way to promote our country to the world. From the postcard, we can show to other people in other countries, our own culture, landscape, unique places, buildings, and so on. You can write about yourself, your country's culture or a phrase in your language to other people all over the world. Not only that, but also you can write some random quotes to give that people more spirit. You can write anything in the postcard.

In this globalization era, distance isn't the problem anymore. You can talk to the people who live million miles away far from you via social website, chat provider, Skype, etc. We live and travel in a world of instant information.

In contrast, postcard needs a lot of time to be arrived to your hand. It's not instant. I don't know what a postcard means for people nowadays (since the technology has occupied almost all field of life), but getting a postcard from an erratic stranger from somewhere in the world is fascinating! Waiting for a postcard to be arrived at your home thrills me for sure~ Not to mention, the sensation while you're writing the postcard... it's undescribable (you have to try it!)

And at least for me, it's very amazing to see people (who have different backgrounds than your own)'s handwriting :) Like this one :



Postcrossing is definitely has so many advantages and gives you new experiences. You can collect stamps and postcards, promote your country and having a bunch of new pen friends from all over the world! Interested? You should better join this project and spread a tiny postcard from Indonesia to all over the world~

P.S : For Indonesian fellas, you just need approx. IDR 8.000 (3.000 for the postcard and 5.000 for the stamp) to send A POSTCARD abroad.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman Tes PwC Indonesia - Risk Assurance Division

Pengalaman Seleksi Beswan Djarum 2014/2015 Jakarta

20 Alasan Kenapa Kamu Harus Jadi Beswan Djarum