Blasts At JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton Jakarta

Today is such a bad day ever in my life. This morning I woke up with the heartbreaking news : bombs minute apart ripped through luxury hotels in Jakarta, JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton. First explosion happened at 7.45 (located on JW Marriot). Two minutes later the second bomb exploded (on Ritz Carlton). The attacks came just two weeks after the presidential vote expected to re-elect incumbent Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. So far 9 kill and at least 50 injured. 9 foreigners were among the dead and wounded. The 50 injured people have ben taken to the nearest hospital such as RS Metropolitan Medical Center (MMC), RS Pusat Pertamina and RS Jakarta.

This was surprised me a lot. What the hell is this? I wonder how the bomb could be entered both of the hotels. I thought that the security level is high enough. John Towriss, the former CNN producer, said the Marriott has beefed up security since the 2003 attacks, making it impossible for people to drive up to the hotel in cars. Both hotels set up metal detectors and thick concrete barriers to prevent car bombers. "I always thought I was safer at the Marriott because I thought it had already been bombed once," Towriss said. "I thought that another hotel would be targeted. (source : cnn.com)

Police said the bomb at the Marriott likely came from the basement beneath the coffee shop on the ground floor, which would have been busy at breakfast time. I also heard that there were 3 explosions in Jakarta today, but the media confirmed that the third explosion (which is located on Muara Angke, North Jakarta) not come from the bomb.

The CNN and CNA also reported it. Now I'm still watching and listening to MetroTV (our local channel). It still airing the news about this topic. On my Facebook, many people updated their status about the explosion. I could see our incumbent president, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono held a press conference, he somehow looks so sad because of the bombing attack. At least two times he stopped his speech towards the media. His voice was trembling and he was like .... er... lost words. He said that his life is also in danger. But he didn't obstructed to run his duty as head of the state and the head of government. It's so damn touching. I'm proud to have a president, just like him. (source : detik.com)

Due to the past attack, most major hotels in Indonesia take security precautions, for instance checking incoming vehicles and requiring visitors to pass through metal detectors.

And then.. what does the impact for us, Indonesian? Media said Manchester United wouldn't come to Jakarta. It's surely not safe for them to stay here now. As far as I know, Ritz Carlton will be the place where MU's players spend their night. I thought it maybe postponed According to the schedule, Manchester United will come to Jakarta on July 20 to compete with our National Football Team. This is not good for us for sure.


* I put my big condolences for all of the victims *
(write this with the trembling hands)


The view of JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton after bomb explosions


The wounded man in the picture was Timothy Mackay, a foreigner, and he is the CEO of Holcim Indonesia. He's been outside for about 10 minutes before a taxi brought him to the hospital. Unluckily, this man were died because of the serious injury :'(

pictures source : google.com

Why do they like to see people in sorrow? Why do they don't have any humanity sense? And why Indonesia must experience this? :(

"Dear God, forgive them who did this bombing action. Please take care of them who got injured and wounded. Please let the people who died, rest in peace. I hope after this, there will be no such incident like this. Please God... let us live happily in peace. Protect all of us from any threats. deliver this prayer through the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen."

At last, please notice carefully this message, for those who live in Jakarta :
Taken this from Vivin
"About 4 bombs haven't exploded, avoid these places:kuningan, fx, gi, pi, sensi, pp, clubs&bars, cafes, hyatt, inter school, usa embassy.."
- via msg


PS : Until I finish my post now, our local channels are still airing this incident. Non-stop.
PSS : Tomorrow is my first day school in High School. Wish me luck ya peepers. Hope I can easily get some new friends. Amen.
PSSS : I think I wouldn't watch Harry Potter 6 due to this incident.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

  1. Timothy Mackay died????????

    O___________O
    i've just saw that person in the news couple hours ago! I thought he survived?? he didn't????? O_O

    oh my! I have BOMBs! DX

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. the Metro TV's newscaster, Najwa Shihab said that. he didn't survive. T.T bombs suck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pengalaman Tes PwC Indonesia - Risk Assurance Division

Pengalaman Seleksi Beswan Djarum 2014/2015 Jakarta

20 Alasan Kenapa Kamu Harus Jadi Beswan Djarum